The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice that it intends to file a waiver renewal with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Medically Complex Children (MCC) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver. The proposed effective date of this waiver renewal is Jan. 1, 2022.
The following is a summary of changes included in the proposed waiver amendment:
- Increase maximum age for waiver participants from 18 to 21;
- Add environmental modification service with $7,500 lifetime cap;
- Revise waiver performance measures in accordance with guidance received from CMS; and,
- Retain and fully implement respite services as currently outlined in the waiver application.
In addition, information regarding the proposed changes in the renewal will be shared with the public during the following webinars:
MCC Waiver Renewal
Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2021 @ 3:30 p.m.
Registration Link MCC Waiver Renewal Aug. 18
Friday, Aug. 20, 2021 @ 9 a.m.
Registration Link MCC Waiver Renewal Aug. 20
Copies of the proposed waiver renewal document are available for public review at the following locations and websites:
- SCDHHS website, https://www.scdhhs.gov/public-notices
- Family Connection of South Carolina website, www.familyconnectionsc.org
- South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council website, www.scddc.state.sc.us
- South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs website, www.ddsn.sc.gov Waiver (PDF)
- SCDHHS main office lobby, 1801 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201
- SCDHHS Community Long Term Care regional offices (see Attachment A)
Public comments must be received by 5 p.m. Sept. 19, 2021, and can be submitted through the following methods:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCDHHS Office of Health Programs
Division of Community Options
Attn: Allison Shumpert
P.O. Box 8206
Columbia, S.C. 29202-8206