The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice that it intends to file a waiver renewal with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Intellectual Disability and Related Disabilities (ID/RD) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver operated through the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (SCDDSN). The proposed effective date of this waiver renewal is Jan. 1, 2022.
The following is a summary of changes included in the proposed waiver amendment:
- Add in-home supports services;
- Add independent living skills services;
- Add remote supports as part of assistive technology services;
- Add residential habilitation tiers of services;
- Add a daily rate for group respite in a licensed residential facility and the option for respite services provided to multiple participants living in the same household;
- Adjust environmental modification lifetime cap;
- Update career preparation definition;
- Retain adult attendant care services;
- Enhance administrative oversight, quality improvement strategies and monitoring of health and welfare;
- Update Appendix I-2 to reflect current information on rates, billing and claims; and,
- Rate analysis and updates to cost neutrality and utilization projections.
In addition, information regarding the proposed changes in the renewals will be shared with the public during the following webinars:
ID/RD Waiver Renewal
Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021 @ 3:00 p.m.
Registration Link: https://scdhhs-events.webex.com/scdhhs-events/onstage/g.php?MTID=ee017089c16d51fc22c7d8153945ba1a1
Monday, Aug. 30, 2021 @ 11 a.m.
Registration Link: https://scdhhs-events.webex.com/scdhhs-events/onstage/g.php?MTID=e5792ed3c911c14469104d7969cf53149
Copies of the proposed waiver renewal document, including the HCBS statewide transition plan, are available for public review at the following locations and websites:
- SCDHHS main office lobby at 1801 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201
- SCDHHS Community Long Term Care regional offices (see Attachment A)
- SCDHHS website, https://www.scdhhs.gov/public-notices
- SCDDSN website, www.ddsn.sc.gov Waiver (PDF)
- Family Connection of South Carolina website, www.familyconnectionsc.org
- South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council website, www.scddc.state.sc.us
Written comments on the draft waiver renewal document and the HCBS statewide transition plan may be sent to:
SCDHHS Office of Health Programs
Division of Community Options
Attn: Michelle Abney
P.O. Box 8206
Columbia, S.C. 29202-8206
Comments may also be submitted electronically to Comments@scdhhs.gov.
Public comments must be received by SCDHHS no later than 5 p.m. Sept. 25, 2021.