Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina
- Broaden the range and improve the quality of supports and services responsive to the needs of individuals with disabilities and their families utilizing cost-effective strategies.
- Redesign and expand the scope of services and supports to address the needs of eligible persons in crisis situations and on waiting lists.
- Promote and encourage choice of service providers and allow consumers to select services they need from qualified providers they refer within individually assessed resource limits.
- Provide information on service resources, requirements and options to individuals and families.
- Increase the proportion of community integrated options for persons in regional centers and in the community pursuant to the Olmstead U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Maximize state and federal resources by using more efficient service models.
- Coordinate and partner with other agencies in areas of mutual interest to maximize resources and to avoid duplication.
- Maintain accountability to all citizens of South Carolina by strengthening quality of services.
- Continue implementation of a performance measurement system linked to customer satisfaction and achievement of consumer’s outcomes.
- Continue to track and analyze performance data and trends in support of quality improvement initiatives.
- Enhance quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives and maintain compliance with federal standards.
- Minimize the occurrence and reduce the severity of disabilities through primary and secondary prevention initiatives.