DDSN operates 7 categories of eligibility:
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Related to Intellectual Disability (RD)
- High Risk Infant
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Head Injury (i.e. Traumatic Brain Injury or TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Similar Disability (SD)
To be eligible to receive DDSN waiver-funded services and supports, you must be domiciled in South Carolina and be confirmed by DDSN to meet the criteria for the appropriate waiver.
To apply, call toll free 1-800-289-7012, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM. Please have the following information about the applicant available:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Medicaid Number if Medicaid eligible
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address, if available
- Plan to spend about 15 minutes on your call.
- You will be asked questions to establish your residency in South Carolina.
- You will be asked questions to get general information about your disability.
- You will be asked to select three (3) Intake Service Providers from a list read to you over the phone. The Intake Provider will help you through the Eligibility process at no cost to you. DDSN will contact the Intake Service Provider(s) you choose. If you are seeking Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) eligibility, a DDSN Autism Eligibility Coordinator will be available to assist you.
- You will receive a letter from DDSN confirming your application for DDSN eligibility.
- The Intake Service Provider you choose or an Autism Eligibility Coordinator will contact you by telephone within two (2) weeks and will provide you information and collect medical and educational records needed by DDSN to determine eligibility.
- Once appropriate records are submitted by the Intake Service Provider or the Autism Eligibility Coordinator, DDSN will notify the applicant in writing of their eligibility status.
For more Information, see:
- Instructions to Apply for DDSN Eligibility & an Overview of the Process (PDF)
- DDSN Directive 100-30-DD: Eligibility Determination (PDF)
- DDSN Directive 100-30-DD: Attachment: DDSN Intake and Eligibility Process (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide for DDSN Qualified Intake Service Providers (PDF)