Consultative services (school, day and residential, and home based) are offered to better support and create positive change for person’s impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Consultative services concentrate on best practices for persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder so that the individuals can have an effective and positive environment and be successful in life. These best practices might include, but not be limited to the following:
- Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Designing Age Appropriate and Functional Programming
- Developing Positive Behavioral Supports
- Functional Communication
- Specific training tailored to meet the person’s and staff/parent needs
Consultative services are accessible to parents, caregivers, teachers, service providers, and other agencies serving persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder. A team approach is utilized whereas all involved with the person on a daily basis, meet with a consultant and determine which best practices are most appropriate and how they will be provided after several observations. This is the most effective avenue for building a basis of support for the person with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Consultative services are tailored to meet the specific and unique learning attributes of a person impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder.
For more information on consultative services, please contact the Regional Administrator at the local Autism Division office in your region of the state. There is no charge for this service. Here is a map to find out the location of your local regional office.
- Information and Procedures for Autism Division Consultation Services (PDF)
- Consultation Request and Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Social Story and Visual Supports Library
- Visual Schedules
- Social Stories
- Rule Cards
- Power Cards
- Choice Cards
- Instructions on Use
- Autism Division Brochure (PDF)